Learn how to make the best Eggs Benedict with Poached Eggs and easy Hollandaise Sauce on a toasted English muffin. This is a famous American dish and it’s a staple on restaurant breakfast menus. You can absolutely recreate this restaurant classic at home.
Egg benedict is essentially an open-faced breakfast sandwich. You can change up eggs benedict in many ways but a classic egg benedict starts with a toasted English muffin half, then meat which is usually Canadian bacon, ham, or regular bacon. That is topped with a poached egg, a generous coating of hollandaise sauce, and finished with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
Ingredients for Eggs Benedict
- Hollandaise Sauce – the traditional eggs benedict sauce
- English Muffins – 2 halved English muffins make 4 eggs benedict
- Unsalted butter – for toasting the English muffins
- Canadian Bacon, or substitute with thinly shaved ham, or Crispy Bacon
- Eggs – use large grade AA eggs and super fresh eggs are best for holding their shape
- Distilled white vinegar – added to the water for poaching eggs
- Cayenne Pepper, to garnish
- Garnish – with Chives or dill